CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

25 December 2007

Christmas is the best time of year. I love this holiday as many do because it is so cheery and “family oriented”…. or supposed to be that is. This year, I have had to be away from my children on the day I hold most dear to me. This has ripped a gigantic hole in my heart, but to my relief, they are happy and well. Santa was really good to them this year, so all my absence to earn the money (to pay off Santa) has not been in vain. I keep telling myself that the thing that really REALLY matters is that they are happy and content. Let me have the pain and the sorrow. Let them be children, for when tomorrow comes….and don’t you believe that tomorrow never comes, because indeed it does – way too soon….they will no longer be innocent children. Too soon they will learn what a mean and hateful world we live in. Let’s keep the magic just a bit longer…..

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Brandi, who is now 7 years old; drew a map AND wrote directions for Santa to get to her house from the school! She told my mom that he never ever brings her what she asks for so this year we got a VERY detailed list and followed it to the letter! Even my mom, who HATES Santa with a passion got into the spirit and helped us get their Santa presents; that was really cool. I wish I was there to see them get exactly what they wanted from Santa, but my mom has been wonderful with calling us and taking pictures and emailing them to me…..thanks mom! You have really helped me cope through this time without them.

The kids are really doing very well considering all that they have been through this past year. I think that they are doing better than I am most of the time! But, that’s good. If they were struggling the way that I am, it would break my heart.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Speaking of struggling…..

Troy & I awoke this Christmas morning to the phone ringing at 3:30am. Knowing that no one calls at that hour unless it is pre-arranged we knew someone was in trouble. It was Troy’s brother who talked to him until he was sure he was awake and then his mom got on the phone and told him that there had been a fire in the house. They all got out safely, but the entire house is a total and complete loss. The family is devastated. They have lived there for over 30 years.

Their entire livelihood – gone in a flash…

Troy’s mom was sobbing and his dad was numb. Remembering that his dad has recently been diagnosed with a heart condition and that he is not to be under ANY stress, the attention quickly turned to him and they realized he was in trouble. He was having difficulty breathing and his chest hurt. The fire marshal, who knew him well, thought that he might be having a heart attack and called for the ambulance to take him to the hospital. Hours later, and after a myriad of tests were preformed, it came back inconclusive. They forwarded the tests on to Rochester, to be examined tomorrow but more professionals. Then the hospital sent him home. But where is home when home is not there any more? They are staying with some family members for the night and see what tomorrow brings.

Troy, meanwhile, is 2,000 miles from home and under a load. This is usually a good thing, but now he needs to get home. He has worked diligently since starting this job and has helped numerous other drivers out in their time of need to get home. The reason he is out here on Christmas day and not at home with the kids and family is so that all the other drivers could be at home. A call was sent out to all the drivers within the route and wouldn’t ya know it? Not a one of them will help him. Troy trudges wearily on doing his job – while his thoughts and prayers are at home. Hoping and praying that soon, he might be able to go home and help his family.

The author here is hoping that Santa will put in some overtime and be able to help the situation. You know what the oddity of this situation is? The fire alarm that did work this time - has never worked before! The ones that didn't work this time have always worked before?? Hmmm...

0 treats: